Helping our residents reconnect with supportive family and friends is a critical part of reintegrating back into the community. Pharos House does provide visiting hours and we encourage that family and friends take advantage of this opportunity. All visitors must be previously approved by a Case Manager and be listed on a resident’s visitor list. Visitors are subject to a background check which goes through USPO and may take up to two weeks to be cleared. Please see the visitor rules below.
- Visiting hours are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1830-2100. Visiting hours on weekends & holidays are 1000-2100. Minor (under 18 yrs.) visiting hours are weekends & holidays 1300-1630.
- Special visits may be authorized by the Director for visitors who must travel long distances; for residents or visitors who work odd shifts; or for attorneys or social service representatives.
- The number of visitors and the duration of visits may be limited by the Shift Monitor to avoid overcrowding.
- All visitors must be previously approved by a Case Manager and be listed on a resident’s visitor list. Visitors are subject to a background check which goes through USPO and may take up to 2 weeks to be cleared.
- Visitors must present a picture ID and register on their first visit. They must present identification and sign-in/out on every visit.
- Any bags brought into the building by visitors will be checked at the front office and are subject to search. Visitor cell phones must be turned in to the front office.
- Visitors are allowed in the dining/living room, the main floor restroom and in the back yard with Shift Monitor permission. In an overflow situation and with Shift Monitor approval, residents and their guests may use the basement TV room. In special circumstances, with the Case Managers permission, residents and their families may visit in the downstairs conference room. Visitors are not allowed in the kitchen, upstairs or in resident’s rooms at any time for any reason.
- Displays of affection between residents and visitors are limited to a kiss on arrival and departure and the holding of hands during the visit. No other physical contact is permitted.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be in the company of a parent or legal guardian and must always be supervised during the visit.
- No visitor will be admitted who, in the opinion of the Shift Monitor, is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Visits can be terminated at any time if visitors are not conducting themselves in a responsible and respectful manner or are interfering with the orderly running of the facility.
- Any visitor who has caused problems for the resident being visited, or who fails to obey house rules, will be denied future visits.
- Anyone convicted of a felony must have the approval of the Director before they may visit. The USPO must also approve visitors to probation residents.
- Visitors may have tea or coffee, but they may not eat Pharos House food without permission.